Well, this past weekend, Ha and I completed the 9K walk for breast cancer held at Camp Lester. It was raining for most of the event, but it was a warm rain and Ha had her rain jacket on, so I didn't feel TOO negligent for still dragging her through the event. :O) There were actually quite a few other parents who showed up with jogging stroller in tow. Thankfully we did the event w/two friends b/c Ha wanted to be carried for the entire time, so Sam and Paul got to take turns pushing the stroller! A lot of people felt obligated to offer parenting advice in the form of "you should make her stay in the stroller", but I want Ha to enjoy these events, so I was happy to carry her if it made it more fun. We picked leaves and flowers along the way and enjoyed enthusiastic talks about buses and cars. The walk ended at Torii Beach--absolutely gorgeous--and we will definitely be spending the day out there, in the sun, someday soon!
Ha, 6:30am, ready to ride!

Ha 'n Ma, pre-walk (and already wet!)

Ha, checking the weather:

Our walking partners, Paul & Samantha:

Post-race & enjoying some chocolate-y goodness in the form of wafers:


No comments:
Post a Comment