We are lovin' our girls!!

baby baby development baby

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Go Sooners!

For those wondering what exactly a "Sooner" is, check them out here...or just be satisfied with the explanation that they are my new college mascot.

Yeah, so the nursing thing is 100% NOT going to work out. I'm not entirely surprised (it seemed a little too good to be true)--but it also seemed totally doable given the high volume of online and "at home" science laboratory courses on the educational market today. However, just because something is out there, does NOT mean it's worth investing in, lol. I submitted all the prereq courses I was hoping to knock out in this matter (all from regionally-accredited universities, mind you) to UCF, and (surprise!) came to find out that not only do they not accept online laboratories, but that the other prereqs I had knocked out (psychology, statistics) were too old (they prefer courses completed w/in the past 5 years, not the past 6). So I am 5 very important courses shy of even being able to apply, and 9 courses shy of being able to actually attend.

We've come to terms with the fact that this path just isn't in the stars for us and are in no mood to dwell on it. Instead, I am going with option 2, which is to get started on my master's degree. University of OK has several mater's programs that they offer on-location out here and for awhile I was debating between Econ (which matches the best with my undergraduate degree) or HR w/an emphasis in Community Service (which actually sounds interesting and rewarding) and decided to go with the latter. So, I ordered my books today, and starting March 17th will be a full-time student again! I'm very excited about this--especially since I get to attend class in-person for a change!! The classes here are taken 1-at-a-time and are arranged so that you order the books and prep for a week's worth of seminars and a semester's worth of work ahead of time, but the actual class committment is more short-lived. You attend class for 1 week, M-F 4:45-9:30pm, and Saturday from 8am-2pm. So it still leaves a lot of family time available. Of course I'll take a little time off to bond with our new addition when the time comes, but I am ready to knock this out!

Sorry Mimi and Pappy! I know you were very excited about having the kiddos so nearby for 1-2 years, but we've just had to come to terms with the fact that this is not meant to be. Maybe if we made some very different life choices along the way, it would be more possible--but we didn't and it is what it is--and we are pumped to make the best of it! At least this way Martin won't be missing out on his little ones for all that time!!

:O)

No comments: