We are lovin' our girls!!

baby baby development baby

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Belly Shots

8 full months!! We are almost there! This is going by SOOOOO quickly! We can't wait to meet her--not much longer to go! We've been having a few contractions--but not enough to accomplish anything. I also elected to cancel my scheduled c-section. I didn't like the idea of rushing V out before she is ready--and, honestly, I am still a little curious about natural childbirth. I told my doctor that I would rather have a c-section than be induced (induction was not a basket full of cherries with Haha--luckily everyone wound up okay)--but that I would like to take V's lead as my first choice. She said I am free to change my mind last minute, once I am in labor--so I think this is a good option. I was beginning to feel very uncomfortable with the c-section route. V is still doing great. So far I am still under 200 pounds, which is excellent. I was 205 when Hana was born--I had went up to about 215, but actually started losing weight at the end. At my weigh-in yesterday, I had lost 2 pounds from last week--so hopefully I will finish this pregnancy a lot lighter than the last one. Ha has certainly helped by keeping me incredibly active! We also had our 4D ultrasound this month...I will consider uploading pix one of these days, lol. Martin is TDY again and I am so busy getting ready for V and tending to Ha that it is difficult to find the time to keep this blog updated. Suffice to say she looks a LOT like Haha, but is measuring a tiny bit tinier. Hana is getting so excited about being a big sis. She wants to watch Dora Big Sister every day and also read her giant big sis board book from Beautiful Tita Christine.
Vienna Li & me at 7 full months! She is crazy-active--which is great because if there is something to worry about, I tend to worry about it. So it's nice always knowing she's in there, alive, & kickin'!
V & I at 6 full months!! I can't believe she is almost ready to pop out and meet us!! So far I've been feeling great! A bit more tired than usual lately, but in the 3rd trimester, that's to be expected!! My nesting instinct has been going strong, but Ha and school keep me a little too busy to fully take advantage of it. V is getting increasingly more active--Da finally got to feel her. She's kicked for Haha a couple of times, too, but Ha doesn't seem to notice it. Probably just thinks it's Mommy being weird. :O)

Here Vienna and I are at 5 full months! She is kicking up a storm--just not when Martin is around, lol. He still hasn't gotten to feel any of the action! Ha did GREAT at the ultrasound. She really seemed to grasp what was going on, pointing to my belly and then the computer screen, saying "baby"! When the tech paused the filming for a minute to print, Hana started signing and saying "more! more! more!" She is SO excited about her little sis!!Here we are at a bit over 4 full months. It is going by WAAAAY too fast, lol! Hana seems to partially understand what is going on. Today she pointed at my belly, said "baby", and kissed it!! She is going to be the perfect little big sis!Unfortunately our comp. crashed yesterday, and I lost all pix I had not already uploaded (which included month 1 & 2 preggers), but luckily I hadn't uploaded our latest batch yet. So...here is a profile shot of me, 3 full months pregnant. Here's hoping I don't gain 70 pounds again this time, ha ha. I think with Ha, I moved into maternity clothes at the beginning of 2 months, so at least this time I waited until the end of 3--but my clothes were getting REALLY tight, lol!

1 comment:

bean said...

You look great in those shots!! Can't wait to see pictures and read about Vienna, and hear about what an awesome sister Hana is to her. We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers every day. You are looking awesome, girl!!!