Well, this afternoon I took Ha's crib rail off and replaced it with a side rail--so she is now in a toddler-style bed!!!! She was very excited about it this afternoon and seemed very proud of her ability to climb in and out of her bed at will (not once has she tried to climb out of her crib, if you can believe it!). And she also liked it when I tossed 'Tunia onto the bed (she would immediately fly off, leaving Ha squealing "more! more!" I moved her playmats into her bedroom so she has something soft to fall on, should she fall out and think I'll be putting an area rug in the family room instead since neither dog is much into wetting in the house, and, much to my surprise, carpet is easier to clean than rubber playmats (the mats have grooves which make it very hard to vacuum stuff up from).
Why the change? Well, she is growing up! Most of her friends moved into the toddler bed around 1 year - 18 months, but I didn't see a need to rush it--since Hana wasn't even sleeping through the night on her own until about 16 months, lol! Anyway, she likes little responsibilities and growing up and loves her best friend Gabby's "big girl" bed, so I decided it was time. Plus, I plan to hit potty training hard when she turns 2--right now we have the potty out and she tries to go now and then--but we are mostly getting used to it and building an interest. Anyway, I didn't want to do the potty training and switch to the toddler bed too close together in case it caused an emotional overload or something!
So I am very curious to see how tonight goes... I think she will do a good job sleeping through the night, but we have her sleep until 7am (sometimes she gets up and fusses a bit around 6, but always goes back down). If she gets up too early, she is a mess all morning. So...now that she is free to climb out of her bed, we are wondering if she will cause a ruckus, bang on her door, or get into all sorts of mischief come 6am tomorrow morning. Ha ha, we may have to whip out our SuperNanny guide. We will see--but I am very optimistic!
What a precious little big girl we have on our hands! She is going to be the best big sis ever!!
North Star Air Show in St. Cloud, 8-2-26
-
Trevor is really into aviation! He aims to be a pilot one day. He has
read the Smithsonian book on the history of flight cover to cover (several
times)...
1 month ago




1 comment:
Yay, Hana! Amazing to see how quickly they are growing up.
You'll have to share potty training tips when you start the process -- Tyler just got a potty like Hana's (I saw it in one of the pictures and loved it - he has hated all the other ones I've bought, but he seems to like this one) and we're trying to get him used to it, but have no idea how to actually do it. Guess it's time to hit the library or read up on the Internet :-)
Post a Comment