...just super-busy. Don't expect much in the way of posts over the next several months. I'm capturing everything I can of our angels on film in the hopes that I will remember it until I can blog about/archive it for the girls one day.
Summary:
Da has been in Afghanistan for about a month. He is very safe where he is, in that he is TDY to a very secure base, and does not anticipate going off-base for any reason. He is working Mon-Sat 6:30am-6:30pm and is also taking 3 distance courses (Probability & Statistics, Linear Algebra, Calc-based Physics). Care packages take about 1 1/2 weeks to make it there and so far no mail has been lost. He sends his love/greetings to everyone and we all thank you for your prayers.
Our adventures since last post include V's first visit to Philly (and Ha's 5th or 6th or something!) to meet Gran & Pa and other family. Much easier flight than from Japan and the girls had a GREAT time! Ha still asks about Gran and Pa and points "them" out whenever she sees an elderly couple out and a about, lol. Tutu also treated us to a 3-night stay at Disney's Beach Club when she visited last month. We took the girls to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom and did a LOT of swimming. Ha also discovered she loves fireworks--after being scared of them at first. While we were at Disney, Ha took a nap almost every day, which says a LOT. She NEVER gets that tired, lol. We also just got back from a beach vacay to St. Pete's with Mimi and Pappy. Both girls had a blast between the heated pools, beach, and the gulf. Hana really loves sea gulls! And V is so easy going that she is happy wherever she is, as long as someone is available for cuddles and hugs!
New with the girls: Ha has gone on the potty twice in the past month. Both times she told me she had to go first. We are very proud! A lot of the time she will tell me she has to go, but will not want to go on the potty, though. But at least she knows, I'm sure the wanting will only be a matter of time. The same day Ha went in her new potty for the first time (Oct. 1st), V's tickle spots also came in. I am so happy about that! I love to tickle her and she loves to be tickled. She has a delightful, hearty, belly laugh. V also "talks" up a storm, loves to engage in coo sessions (where you coo back to her whatever she is cooing) and smiles an incredible amount. She definitely recognizes faces and voices and goes crazy with glee when you make a big fuss over her.
V had her 2-month checkup last month. She is doing GREAT! Her cradle cap is finally almost gone and she is in the 74th percentile for height (she was 23" last measured) and the 96th for weight (she weighed in at 13 pounds 4 oz, and now weighs just over 14!). She is bigger than Ha was at this age, but she was born an entire pound lighter--which speaks very well for her apetite!
We are all doing great here! The main reason I am so busy is because on top of mommy duties, I'm still working on V's christening gown, and I am also taking 4 courses at VCC this semester (algebra, nutrition, sociology, and developmental psych). I figured I had might as well finally knock out those pesky prerequisite courses that have been hanging over me for some time (I've been wanting to get into a Bachelor's to BSN program for a VERY long time now, but due to all our moving around, have had a hard time finding places that offer the courses I need). In the spring, I will be taking 3 lab sciences at once, so I expect to be even busier then, lol. At least the christening dress will be done by then--and even better, Martin will return 1/2way through the term!
'Bye for now. Please don't expect another post for awhile, lol!
North Star Air Show in St. Cloud, 8-2-26
-
Trevor is really into aviation! He aims to be a pilot one day. He has
read the Smithsonian book on the history of flight cover to cover (several
times)...
1 month ago




No comments:
Post a Comment