Well, I am busy with school stuff and it's after midnight--so I can't post much now--just wanted to give a quick update on some things.
Menna has been fussier than usual as of late--and today I figured out why! The poor girl has a tooth coming in already! One of the front molars on her left side. It almost made me cry. Cutting teeth can be so painful for the little ones--and she has no use for them until she's almost a year old--so I really wish they would hold off a little and cut her a break while she gets used to her new world!
Menna's baby dedication is tomorrow (well, technically later on today...). Even though we are Catholic, we are going to a non-denominational Church out here because none of the Catholic ones in the area have anything appropriate for Hana. Calvary has age-segregated children's rooms, where they actually provide Bible lessons in addition to constructive play while adults are down the hall in the regular service. We are going to do Vienna's Baptism when we finally get her and both her godparents (Aunt Vici and Uncle Ky) all in one place--probably in November, in Tennessee--but Martin will be deployed then--so we decided to do an immediate-family dedication together as well.
The girls and I decided to do a charity walk in mid-September to help the American Heart Association. A link to our family page is over to the right, if you are interested in checking it out or making a donation. You may notice that the walk is taking place in September, in ORLANDO. I guess, now that everything is more or less official, it is time to let the cat out of the bag: I'm not sure exactly when, but sometime within the next month, the girls (including Tummy) and I will be flying back to the States. Da's folks (Mimi and Pappy) have generously offered to open their home to us while he is in the desert. I am very VERY excited about this because I think it will be so great for the girls. They are used to a high level of attention and activity--and I think a single-parent lifestyle would be very rough on them, even though I would certainly try my best to make it wonderful. This will also give the girls a great chance to get to know their grandparents--and other family within visiting distance--who they have been really missing out on while enjoying Okinawa. We are just waiting on Vienna's passport to schedule our flights!
North Star Air Show in St. Cloud, 8-2-26
-
Trevor is really into aviation! He aims to be a pilot one day. He has
read the Smithsonian book on the history of flight cover to cover (several
times)...
1 month ago




No comments:
Post a Comment