A happy, healthy, and incredibly sleepy Vienna Li joined the family this past week! It is going to be awhile before I have time to write a lot, but I know most folks are interested in the pictures primarily, anyway--so I set up a Shutterfly site for Menna, like the one we have for Haha. Links to both are here and also in the standing link section on the right hand part of the site. The passwords to both are the same--if you need it or forgot it, please email me. I have it set up so friends and family can add pix when they visit (hint, hint), which is why I enabled the password feature.
Hana Grace photo archive
Vienna Li photo archive
Also, here are some pix my good friend Suzy took of Ha when she was watching her while I was in the OR and recovery rooms and also from when she came to visit Menna and I in postpartum. The little blonde in the pix is Elise (known to Hana as "Meese"), who is Ha's best bud. Elise is about a year older, but those two girls have so much in common and play like sisters! Watching them together made me even more excited about giving birth to Vienna Li!!
Haha & Meese
Menna & Me
Just a few short words about Vienna and Hana... The girls are doing great together. Ha was a little nervous when she met her for the first time, but thus far has shown no signs of jealousy. The hardest part for her seems to have been accepting that, until I recover, I can't carry her around everywhere like I used to. Ha calls Vienna "Menna" and "Baby Sister"--Martin is loving the new options for nicknames because he hates "V", lol! Ha tries to comfort her when she's crying, and loves to kiss, hug, and feed her little sis. She has been showing her how to use all her baby toys as well. All three girls and I sleeping in the same room ended up not being the hottest idea. The odds of everyone being asleep at the same time were slim-to-none and both Ha and Menna are light sleepers--so Ha moved down the hall into her old room and is sleeping in there with Da. That was not something I would have thought would have worked out well at all--but it really is. It is nice to see the two of them bonding so nicely. We'll have to rethink things again when Martin deploys, but I'm hoping our many scheduled visitors might enjoy cuddling up with her when that time comes. We've also been careful to schedule as much one-on-one quality time with Ha as possible, which I think is also helping with the jealousy. I am still recovering from my c-section, so my activity selection is a bit limited--but today Ha and I went to go see "Wall-E"--and now she is at her favorite park with Da.
Our playgroup friends have been helping out a ton! We have not had to cook dinner once this week! And Martin is doing a better job at keeping the house clean than I would have ever imagined. Things are going really great!
Anyway, be sure to check the photo links often--I will upload when I can.
Enjoy!
:O)
North Star Air Show in St. Cloud, 8-2-26
-
Trevor is really into aviation! He aims to be a pilot one day. He has
read the Smithsonian book on the history of flight cover to cover (several
times)...
1 month ago




1 comment:
Congratulations on your newest addition!
<3 Rina, Aaron, Gabriel and Grace
Post a Comment